Designed for those who desire helmet cooling, the versatile BR8 can be used in multiple configurations including standard, left or right side forced air, left or right 3/4 top forced air, or top forced air. Utilizing an innovative kit system (included with the helmet), racers can customize the BR8 to adapt to different forms of racing and seat configurations providing the ultimate flexibility in one model. The BR8 features an aerodynamic front duckbill, Double Screen Anti-Fog (DSAF) insert to create a positive visor seal and prevent shield fogging, and rear-facing Venturi airflow vents that prevent dust from entering the helmet while still allowing forced air to be introduced into the helmet. The BR8 features a unique air chamber system that evenly distributes airflow around the head regardless of the top air configuration used.
The BR8 works perfectly well without Forced Air and thus has multiple air vents that can be used as is or can be blocked off with the provided kit.
Available in Flat Black
While Bell offers this helmet in White, we only stock Flat Black. White can be ordered as an option.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight composite shell
- Synthetic rubber gasket seals to prevent dirt and water from entering the helmet. The rubber gasket is superior when compared to a foam gasket that comes on less expensive helmets. And makes a good seal when the visor is down.
- Integrated channels in face piece offer multiple options to install drink tube and radio system. This simply makes it easier to install a radio microphone over installing a mic in helmet without integrated channels.
- Includes front duckbill to enhance aerodynamic performance. This feature has no benefit in a closed cockpit sedan car.
- Comes standard with rear facing vents that create a Venturi effect allowing air to exchange and circulate in the helmet white preventing dust and dirt from entering. This is a nice feature that makes cooling better even without a forced air system in place.
- Can be converted to left or right side air, 3⁄4 left or right top air, or top air by using a versatile kit system (included) with forced air nozzle and cover plate
- Interior: Black High Strength – High Comfort FR Fabric Softer and more comfortable than the M8 or K1 sport interior.
- Optical grade injection molded Double Screen Anti-Fog (DSAF) visor for anti-fog control and superior visibility. (This shield will never fog if it remains in good condition)
Shield and pivot kit: SRV-8, SRV-1.
Pivot kit (screws and pieces that attach the visor to the helmet).
Both shield and pivot kits are stocking items and sold separately.
In the box with the helmet is a draw string helmet bag, forced air low profile piece with 5 forced air cover plates; clear DSAF shield installed. The shield is simply outstanding as it never fogs. A Hex Wrench Key for visor removal/replacement.
Available shields: Clear DSAF (comes installed on the helmet), Smoke and Dark Smoke
Mirrored visors available on special order
Snell SA2020 Certified